Techport Australia is the nation's premier naval industry hub.
Techport Australia is the centre of naval shipbuilding in Australia, home to two major, long-term defence projects - sustainment of the Collins class submarine fleet and construction of the air warfare destroyers.
These two highly complex projects form the foundation of South Australia's naval and shipbuilding capability, and have driven the development of a strong local naval shipbuilding, sustainment and systems industry base.
Australian work on the Future Submarine program will be centred at Techport Australia, and the precinct is the confirmed construction site for the nation's Future Frigate fleet.
The combination of location, facilities, skills, and large, complex projects makes Techport Australia the nation's undisputed centre of naval shipbuilding and sustainment, and the logical location for any company pursuing opportunities in this sector.
Key features of Techport Australia include:
- world-class common-user shipbuilding facilities - including a wharf, runway, dry berth, transfer system and the largest shiplift in the southern hemisphere
- an expansive, fully integrated industrial precinct for suppliers
- a Commercial Precinct including
- the Maritime Skills Centre - delivering the trade and technical skills required for the AWD project
- AWD Systems Centre - the national project headquarters for the $8billion AWD project
- Raytheon Australia’s South Australian headquarters
- access to the national transport network including road, rail and deep sea port
- a high speed optical fibre network link to major research, defence and education sites across Adelaide.