Techport Australia - Australia’s premier naval industry hub, is located at Osborne in South Australia.
The South Australian Government has invested over $300 million in state-owned infrastructure at Techport Australia to develop a world-class maritime industrial precinct. The facility is supporting ASC to deliver the Royal Australian Navy's next generation $8 billion Air Warfare Destroyers (AWDs), and is the confirmed build location for the Future Frigate fleet and centre of Australian activity on the Future Submarine Program.
Key features of Techport Australia include:
- world-class common-user shipbuilding facilities - including a wharf, runway, dry berth, transfer system and the largest shiplift in the southern hemisphere
- an expansive, fully integrated industrial precinct for suppliers
- a Commercial and Education Precinct including
- the Maritime Skills Centre - delivering the trade and technical skills required for the AWD project
- AWD Systems Centre - the national project headquarters for the $8billion AWD project
- Raytheon Australia’s South Australian headquarters
- access to the national transport network including road, rail and deep sea port
- a high speed optical fibre network link to major research, defence and education sites across Adelaide.