Techport Australia - Australia’s premier naval industry hub, is located at Osborne in South Australia.
The South Australian Government has invested over $300 million in state-owned infrastructure at Techport Australia to develop a world-class maritime industrial precinct. The facility will support ASC to deliver the Royal Australian Navy's next generation $8 billion Air Warfare Destroyers (AWDs) and will attract future naval shipbuilding and repair opportunities to the state.
Key features of Techport Australia include:
- world-class common-user shipbuilding facilities - including a wharf, runway, dry berth, transfer system and the largest shiplift in the southern hemisphere
- an expansive, fully integrated industrial precinct for suppliers
- a Commercial and Education Precinct including
- the Maritime Skills Centre - delivering the trade and technical skills required for the AWD project
- AWD Systems Centre - the national project headquarters for the $8billion AWD project
- Raytheon Australia’s South Australian headquarters
- access to the national transport network including road, rail and deep sea port
- a high speed optical fibre network link to major research, defence and education sites across Adelaide.
Techport Australia is also the future home of the Submarine Land Based test Site - being established to support the current and future submarine projects.